We’re getting excited about our second shop camping trip this season!
Date- Saturday August 22 to Sunday, August 23. All ages welcome!
You don’t need any experience. Just an open mind. A bike. A way to carry your stuff and a sense of adventure. We are asking $10-15 dollars per person for coming along the trip which includes the camp site, coffee/tea and breakfast in the morning. Please reserve your spot with us ahead of time so we have an idea of the number of people who are attending.
We have two route options. Route one starts in Walkers Point and is 63 miles (one way). Route two starts in Sullivan, WI at the Glacial Drumlin Trail parking lot at 907 Front St, Sullivan, WI 53178 and is 21 miles (one way). Parking is free- however you’ll need to call the local sheriff (920-674-7310) to report overnight parking for your vehicle.
Route One Starting Point (63 miles each way): We’ll be starting at Coast In Bikes (703 S. 2nd Street at 8am and riding out by 8:30am. Anodyne Coffee is right around the corner for any of your coffee and breakfast needs.
Route Two Starting Point (21 miles each way): Drive and meet up in the parking lot at 907 Front St, Sullivan, WI 53178. This is one of the entrances to the Glacial Drumlin State Trail. We’ll be having lunch in Dousman at 12:30p. So you’ll have to bike 6 miles east of Sullivan on the trail to meet up with the group. Lunch location TBA.
If you decide to bike ahead of the group- meet up with us at the SandHill Station Group Site. My personal cell is 414-324-1534 to reach me during the ride.
Lunch: We’ll be stopping in Dousman (stop TBA) around 12:30p.
Camping: We have the group site reserved at SandHill Station. We’ll be unloading and setting up our camp before heading out for dinner. Sandhill is located two miles from from Tyranena Brewing Company.
Dinner: There are three options:
1. Bring food and a camp stove or use the campfire to cook your tasty vittels.
2. Tyranena Brewing Company. They have a grill and there are three nearby grocery stores. A food truck or two will be there and a Celtic Rock Band performing live that evening.
3. Purchase your own food at the local grocery store- there are three nearby.
Breakfast: We will be providing coffee/tea and oatmeal for the morning for those who reserve with us ahead of time your coming.
– Coffee & tea and oatmeal for breakfast.
– Mechanic help along the ride. Support vehicle if needed.
– Some Bike rentals (are available. Reserve one week ahead of time and $10/reservation fee required. Available bikes: Surly Troll (M), ECR (S / XL ), Cross Check (54cm) & All City Macho Man (61cm).
– Endless advice for any gear you need before the trip.
– Good tunes & conversation along the ride!
– Your bicycle (rentals available.
– Camp Gear and bags.
– Your own meals either purchased or cooked on your own.
– Smiles, conversation, advice, questions and excitement!
Packing Options- Gear to choose:
The Basics – Bike, helmet, bag to pack, shelter, something to sleep inside to keep warm like a sleeping bag, lights for bike, fresh water, snacks/food
Stepping it Up – all the above plus tube, pump, mini tool, patch kit, sleeping pad, pillow, change of clothes, towel, toilet paper, bike lock, head lamp, additional bag
Go Big – all of the above plus snacks for sharing, beer/wine, camp lights for campsite, pocket stove or other cooking device, first aid kit, trailer and/or more bags
Go Biggest – all of the above plus beer/wine for sharing, inflatable mattress, boombox, guitar, camp site games, folding chairs, solar charger, cook pots, your dog
Ok I’m in! How do I sign up?
1. Stop in the shop and we’ll get you signed up in the shop in our event binder.
2. Call or email us at the shop that your coming and bring your $10-15 the day of the trip or pay by phone.
3. Fill out this form here to let us know you’re coming and bring your $10-15 the morning of the trip. https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FDNCF96