Finding that gift for that cyclists in your life sometimes can be difficult so we put together a list of a few of our favorite items at the shop for those last minute gifts.
$25 or less
1. Bar Tape ($18)- Who doesn’t like new bar tape? A new color and comfort will make any rider feel special all year long. Include a gift card for $15 for folks to have us wrap their handlebars or spend some time during one of our DIY community shop nights to learn how the pros wrap.
2. Pedro Tire Levers ($5)- They come in variety of colors and this pair of tire levers are hands down the best on the market. They don’t break and are wider then most on the market making it easy to switch flats quickly. Add a Crank Brothers Speedier Lever ($8) to assist in making that last bit of the bead to slip effortlessly into the rim.
3. Sunlite Spoke Beads ($5)- A great stocking stuffer for the kid and adult in your life. Spoke Beads add color and fun to any child’s wheels and for the adult in your life, it’ll take them back to their childhood.
4. A Bell ($5-20)- We have a variety of bells in all shapes, colors and rings. A bell is a great accessory to not only add some bling to your bike but also to let folks know a cyclist is coming upon them on the trails or street. A must-have for any Oak Leaf or Hank Aaron rider in your life.
$50 or less
1. Kozie Prery Winter Cap ($45)- Made right here in the midwest in Chicago, Erin makes cozy winter caps to keep those ears warm during these chilly rides.
2. Stanley One-Hand Vacuum Insulation Mug ($28)- One of our favorite coffee to-go mugs that keeps your beverage of choice warm or cold for hours. Bonus. It fits in a water bottle cage or a snazzy Portland Design Works Barista Cup Holder ($17) on their handlebars.
3. Saddle Library Card ($25)- Help someone you know find the bike saddle of their dreams. A saddle library card gives a rider three months of finding a saddle they love. Add $25 to get them towards the saddle of their choice. Their ass will love you.
4. Po Campo Handlebar Bag ($40)– A cute and functional bag that holds just the basics. Easy to take your cell phone, wallet and small items on and off the bike when you don’t want the hassle of carrying a large bag. Fits easily on all handlebars and perfect for those bike dates.
$100 or Less
1. Flat Kit ($55)– A perfect gift to help someone be prepared for those emergencies. Include a Banjo Brothers Seat Bag ($23), Pedro Tire Levers ($5) and a Planet Bike Co2 Inflator with 2 cartridges ($20) and an extra tube for their bike and/or patch kit ($5-7).
2. Banjo Brothers Waterproof Backpack Pannier ($80) or Blackburn Wayside Backpack Pannier ($80)- For the commuter in your life both of these waterproof panniers makes it easy to carry their laptop, lunch and work/school items to and from home effortlessly on their back or bike rack. Why choose just one when you can have both?
3. Cygolite Dash 350 Headlight and Hotshot Micro 30 Taillight Set ($86)- Easy to take off and put on with a rubber strap. A sure hit for anyone who rides in the dim, dusk and at night. Bright enough for the streets and the trails in Milwaukee.
$250 or Less
1. Giro Alpineduro Winter SPD Shoes ($200)- One of our shop favorites. A winter shoe that’s warm, comfortable, walkable and easy to commute in. They are affordable and also have gaiters that will keep their feet warm while biking to work or fat biking on the trails.
2. Complete Bike Overhaul ($199 Winter Rate)- It’s been awhile since their bike has seen some love. Give them the gift a “new” bike with a complete overhaul that gets them the “works”. Their bicycle will feel better then when they first brought it.
3. Gift Certificate ($___)- Let them pick out what they want this year. Maybe it’s a set of studded tires or maybe it’s a new pannier or winter gloves. Take the guess work out and let them choose their perfect gear.
4. Bar Mitts ($70-$120)- Keep their hands warm this winter. One of the must-haves for winter commuting for any person who has cold hands. We have a variety of options from different brands at the shop.
$500 or Less
A gift certificate toward a new bike? Maybe they are looking to start a custom bike build and put down a deposit? Starting to winter bike this year and need all the gear?
The sky’s the limit! We’ll be happy to help you choose that perfect gift- we’ve got a ton of ideas!