Custom Bicycle Build (Complete Build Only)
– All custom builds include a full-priced frame & fork and all related parts and accessories are 20% off retail. All parts must be purchased from Coast In Bikes.
– Labor is free.
– If you are not happy with certain fit related parts after riding your bike (i.e. saddle, stem, handlebars), we will change those parts out with equal priced parts at no additional charge (excluding handlebar tape).
– 1 free tune up with each custom build that can be redeemed anytime (worth $135)
– Each custom build is eligible for Small Shop United In-Store Credit
– Partial custom builds (i.e.not all parts are purchased from Coast In Bikes) are possible upon request with negotiated pricing.
Have a frame already? Or an old favorite bicycle that you want to make like new again? Coast In Bikes works with local frame painters. We can strip your old bike down to the raw metal, put a fresh powder coat or paint job on it, and build it back to it’s former glory. Paint colors available
– Paint Only (Bare Frame, No Parts) | $250
– Paint with Overhaul Service Package | $400
– Includes paint stripping, new paint, parts cleaned & lubed and new cables and housing.
What is a Custom Bike?
A custom bike is a unique build that fits your lifestyle, your personality, your body and your relationship to your bicycle. A custom bike isn’t a “cookie cutter” bike with stock components that comes off an assembly line. We work closely with each customer to develop and build a bike that meets your needs, body and your new custom bike will make you love biking even more then you already do.
What Type of Bikes Can You Custom Build?
Examples of custom builds have included touring, commuting, fat, mountain, cargo and cyclocross bikes.
We can order frames from Surly, All-City, Heller Fat Bikes, Foundry, Richey, Rocky Mountain, Masi, Framed, Xtracycle, Soma, Pake, Orgin8, Co-Motion, Advocate Cycles, Velo Orange, Spot, Reeb New Albion and NS Bikes; as well as many other small manufactures upon request.
How Do I Get One?
To get started on a free estimate for a custom build simply start by filling out this form
We’ll schedule a time to sit down with you and go over your questions, what you want the bike to do, learn more about you and what your price range is so we can build a bike around you and your needs.
Once you decide on the final build with us, we’ll order the frame and all the parts and accessories to complete the build. Depending on the options and components you choose, a typical build takes 4 to 8 weeks and we require a deposit of at least half of the total amount to get started.
How Much Does a Custom Bike Cost?
The cost depends on the type of bike you want to build, however most custom builds start at $1,250 and go up from there.
To help offset the price of a custom build, we offer a discount on parts and labor to bring the price close to what you would expect when purchasing a new stock bike with the same specifications.
How Long Does it take?
Typical wait time is 4 to 8 weeks from initial conversation.
Customer Bike Builds at Coast In Bikes